Monday, September 24, 2012

9/20-23 2012

The site near the spring has yielded results after just a week. Quite gratifying as I was starting to wonder if I was going to get anything larger than a squirrel captured on camera. Most exciting was this shot:


Walking out of the frame to the left is what I'm fairly certain is a coyote. If so it would be the first one I've caught on film here. I haven't seen any obvious tracks that would be indicative of a coyote's presence but they're of course becoming more common in the area. Brues woods would seem like a good area for them to frequent as well, at least as a corridor for getting from here to there. I also wonder if the skunk cabbage berry-laden scat I found at the base of the tree last week came from a coyote.

Also making appearances were far more familiar denizens of the woods:







No ticks that I could find after what was admittedly a brief visit. The current camera placement is convenient in that respect, no tromping through mats of ferns and multiflora rose to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment