Friday, April 13, 2012

April 4-11, 2012

Checked in on the camera, back at its location next to the stream, to find pics and video of deer from sometime in the past week. Impossible to say exactly when as the time and date on the data strip are completely off, for reasons I don't understand.

 deer on the right

 mugging for the camera

not exactly sure what this is, possibly a fisher

the deer in the first two pics was also captured on video:




Speaking of deer, I saw one while I was there, not close enough to make out the size and gender and it moved away once it sensed my presence. Weather has been somewhat mild, mostly dry although there was rain and even a little hail earlier in the afternoon today which kept me from lingering too long. Rain also washed out any tracks from the mud in the streambed. After checking out the blowdown, I saw a fisher scat that looks recent enough that I decided to move the camerra back to that spot, another reliable source of pics from the past. Six ticks while moving the camera to the blowdown, brings the YTD total to 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment